HCA 13/71 f.166v Annotate
|← Previous Page |
|First cut transcription started by Colin Greenstreet, 14/09/12, and completed by the same, 21/09/12; pasted into wikispot on 22/04/14 by Colin Greenstreet|
|Created 04/04/14, by CSG|
Expand this area to see details of page purpose, how to register, how to add footnotes, and useful links.
This page is for the annotation of HCA 13/71 f.166v.
Annotations can be viewed by everyone on a read-only basis.
For more information on MarineLives and the MarineLives Annotation Project read our Shipping News blog entries:
Registration to annotate documents
Registration is required to contribute annotations to this page and to other pages in the wiki.
You can register using the following Form, and we will issue you with a UserName and Password for the wiki.
The MarineLives transcription platform is built on MediaWiki, which uses wiki markup to format text. For a guide showing how to produce italics, bold, escaped text and headings, see the MediaWiki page on formatting; there are also guides for internal and external links, image embedding, tables, and more on lists.
- Go into edit mode
- Insert immediately after the sentence or phrase you wish to annotate the following macro:<ref>This is the footnote text</ref>
- Replace 'This is the footnote text' with the footnote you wish to add, using the format: first name, surname, title, (place of publication, date of publication), page or folio number
- Save the page
For more information and advanced formatting, including how to add and format links within the footnote, see the Wikipedia help on footnotes. This uses the same markup formatting.
Example footnote template:
- ''HCA 13/XX f.XXXX Case: XXXX; Deposition: XXXX; Date: XXXX. Transcribed by XXXX''<ref>[http://XXXXX Electronic link to a digital source]</ref>
Annotate HCA 13/64 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/65 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/68 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/69 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/70 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/71 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/72 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/73 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/74 Volume Page
Marine Lives Tools
1. To the nynth article of the sayd allegation. This deponent saith That of his sight and
2. knowledge the next morning after the Lading and stowing of the sayd
3. ten pipes of wynes on board the John and Mary, there came on board
4. one Paxton Master of another shipp there lying, with a note or order
5. to recyve back agayne the sayd ten pipes and lade them on this XX LOOK IN GUTTER OF PHYSICAL MANUSCRIPT
6. Owne shipp. And the sayd Wm QUESTION: SHOULD THIS BE EXPANDED TO WILLIAM OR NOT? Webber in this deponents presence, and
7. hearing did give the sayd Paxton full and free liberty to come
8. on board him with his the sayd Paxtons owne Company and to remove
9. and take with him the sayd ten pipes of wyne. But the sayd Paxton
10. seeing that they were allready stowed did not aććept of the sayd
11. offer, nor did remove the sayd ten pipes of wyne. And otherwise
12. hee ćannot depose.
13. To the 10th. article hee saith hee knoweth nothing thereof.
14. To the 11th article he saith there is noe doubt but Custome and excise
15. must be payd for the sayd ten pipes, and that the freight for the same
16. ought to be payd, but by whom, how much or to who he knoweth not
17. nor can hee to this article further or otherwise depose.
18. To the 12th and Charter party now shewed him therein mentioned he
19. saith he knoweth nothing thereof.
20. To the last he saith his deposition is true.
To the Crosse Interrogratories. [CENTRE HEADING]
23. To the first Interrogatory he saith he ćomes to be a witnesse att the request of the
24. sayd Webber. and is noe way ćoncerned in this cause as to proffit or losse.
25. and as to Justice favoureth all parties equally. And further otherwise
26. than negatively he cannot answer.
27. To the 2th. negatively to every part thereof.
28. TO the 3d "d" IN ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT hee saith he was on board the John and Mary when the sayd ten pipes
29. came on board her. and he rećeived them from a Barkero that brought
30. noe note with him att all for the same. And otherwise he cannot answer.
31. To the .4th. he saith he was not present att any agreement touching the sayd
32. Indulto moneyes nor knowes how much, by who or to whom the sayd same was
33. payd neyther did he see any payd. And otherwise he cannot answere.
34. To the 5th Interrogatory he referreth himselfe to his foregoeing depositions.
35. To the .6th. Interrogatory hee saith he knoweth the interrte Bevin, who is sayd
36. to be Mr Travers his factor. and the sayd Paxton did bring on a note
37. the tyme interrte from the sayd Bevin. but whhether the paper annexed now
38. showne him be the sayd note or be written or subscribed by the sayd
39. Bevin he saith he cannot depose.
40. To the 7th Interrogatory he saith he knoweth nothing thereof:
41. To the 8th. he saith he doth not know to whom the said ten pipes did or doe
42. belong. And further cannot answere.
43. To th 9th. he saith that to the best of his remembrance it was the 14th day
44. of November last that the sayd Pacton came on board the John and Mary
45. as upon the nynth article he hath declared. And this Rendent was then on board,