Difference between revisions of "HCA 13/72 f.7r Annotate"
Revision as of 11:59, May 11, 2013
|← Previous Page |
|First cut transcription started and completed on 07/02/13 by Colin Greenstreet|
|Created 26/04/13, by CSG|
Expand this area to see details of page purpose, how to register, how to add footnotes, and useful links.
This page is for the annotation of HCA 13/72 f.7r.
Annotations can be viewed by everyone on a read-only basis.
For more information on MarineLives and the MarineLives Annotation Project read our Shipping News blog entries:
Registration to annotate documents
Registration is required to contribute annotations to this page and to other pages in the wiki.
You can register using the following Form, and we will issue you with a UserName and Password for the wiki.
The MarineLives transcription platform is built on MediaWiki, which uses wiki markup to format text. For a guide showing how to produce italics, bold, escaped text and headings, see the MediaWiki page on formatting; there are also guides for internal and external links, image embedding, tables, and more on lists.
- Go into edit mode
- Insert immediately after the sentence or phrase you wish to annotate the following macro:<ref>This is the footnote text</ref>
- Replace 'This is the footnote text' with the footnote you wish to add, using the format: first name, surname, title, (place of publication, date of publication), page or folio number
- Save the page
For more information and advanced formatting, including how to add and format links within the footnote, see the Wikipedia help on footnotes. This uses the same markup formatting.
Example footnote template:
- ''HCA 13/XX f.XXXX Case: XXXX; Deposition: XXXX; Date: XXXX. Transcribed by XXXX''<ref>[http://XXXXX Electronic link to a digital source]</ref>
Annotate HCA 13/64 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/65 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/68 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/69 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/70 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/71 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/72 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/73 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/74 Volume Page
Marine Lives Tools
1. yonger did allwaies as Owner and Proprietor of three sixteenth parts
2. of the sayd shipp receive of this deponent three sixteenth parts of such freight
3. as was earned with the sayd shipp during all the tyme this deponent continued
4. Master of her which was for fower or five yeares, whereof the yeares and
5. moneths arlate were part, and did as such a part owner of her paye and
6. allowe to this deponent ˹from tyme to tyme˺ whatsoever disbursements were due and payable
7. for his sayd three sixteenth parts And did the voyage in question signe ˹XXXXXXXX˺
8. the Charter party for the sayd voyage as owner of three sixteenth parts
9. of the says shipp And further to this article hee cannot depose
10. To the second article hee saith that within the tyme arlate the shipp
11. Saint Lucar Merchant aforesayd did sett sayle from this Port of London
12. to Cadiz in Spaine and other Ports and thense returned back to London
13. this hee knoweth goering Master of her the sayd voyage And further cannot depose
14. To the third article of the sayd allegation and the Charter party therein
15. mentioned and now shewed to him at the tyme of this his examination hee
16. saith for that hee was present at the signeing and sealeing thereof, hee
17. well knoweth, that the arlate Samuell Wilson the Yonger did for the
18. voyage arlate amongst other the Owners of the Saint Lucar Merchant
19. ˹who alsoe tooke freight in her˺ take to freight his sayd three sixteenth parts of the sayd shipp as by
20. the sayd Charter party which this deponent sawe the sayd Samuell Wilson
21. and others signe seale and deliver to the arlate George Margelto and
22. others doth and may appeare And further to thiS article hee cannot depose
23. To the 4th article hee saith that hee this deponent about afortnight
24. before the attachment made of the arlate three sixteenth parts of
25. the sayd Shipp Saint Lucar Merchant, did goe alonge with the arlate George
26. Margatto to the sayd Samuell Wilson the yonger and had conference
27. with him touching what ˹one hundred sixty eight pounds sixteene shillings which˺ was owing by him the sayd Samuell to the sayd
28. Margetto and others for the freight of the three sixteenth parts soe by
29. him the sayd Samuell taken in her for the voyage in question And the
30. sayd Samuell Wilson replyed that hee could not pay the same ˹or was not able to˺, but withall
31. desyred the sayd Margetto to attache his the sayd Samuell Wilson the yonger
32. his three sixteenth parts of the sayd shipp and gett the same XXX condemned
33. and thereout to paye the sayd freight due, and if any thing remayned
34. over and above (the same being paid) to retuone it to him the sayd
35. Samuell, And further hee cannot depose./
36. To the last hee saith his foregoeing deposition is true
37. Richard ffuXX SIGNATURE, RH SIDE
39. The same day
40. Examined on the said allegation./.
41. <margin value="Left">Rp. 2.</margin>
42. Haniball Allen of London Merchant aged thirty
43. two yeares or thereabouts a wittnesse sworne and
44. examined saith and deposeth as followeth videlicet/
45. To the first article of the sayd allegation hee saith that the arlate