Difference between revisions of "HCA 13/72 f.91v Annotate"
Revision as of 16:25, May 10, 2013
|← Previous Page |
|First cut transcription started and completed on 07/13/13; edited on 07/05/13 by Colin Greenstreet|
|Created 07/05/13, by CSG|
Expand this area to see details of page purpose, how to register, how to add footnotes, and useful links.
This page is for the annotation of HCA 13/72 f.91v.
Annotations can be viewed by everyone on a read-only basis.
For more information on MarineLives and the MarineLives Annotation Project read our Shipping News blog entries:
Registration to annotate documents
Registration is required to contribute annotations to this page and to other pages in the wiki.
You can register using the following Form, and we will issue you with a UserName and Password for the wiki.
The MarineLives transcription platform is built on MediaWiki, which uses wiki markup to format text. For a guide showing how to produce italics, bold, escaped text and headings, see the MediaWiki page on formatting; there are also guides for internal and external links, image embedding, tables, and more on lists.
- Go into edit mode
- Insert immediately after the sentence or phrase you wish to annotate the following macro:<ref>This is the footnote text</ref>
- Replace 'This is the footnote text' with the footnote you wish to add, using the format: first name, surname, title, (place of publication, date of publication), page or folio number
- Save the page
For more information and advanced formatting, including how to add and format links within the footnote, see the Wikipedia help on footnotes. This uses the same markup formatting.
Example footnote template:
- ''HCA 13/XX f.XXXX Case: XXXX; Deposition: XXXX; Date: XXXX. Transcribed by XXXX''<ref>[http://XXXXX Electronic link to a digital source]</ref>
Annotate HCA 13/64 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/65 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/68 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/69 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/70 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/71 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/72 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/73 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/74 Volume Page
Marine Lives Tools
1. The 12th of October 1657.
2. On behalfe of the Assurers
3. in the Peter.
4. Daniel Edwards of London Merchant, aged 42 yeeres or
5. thereabouts sworne before the right worshipfull John Godolphin
6. Doctor of Lawes, one of the Judges of the high Court
7. of the Admiraltie and examined upon Interrogatories ministred
8. on the behalfe of humphrey holcombe and concerning a losse
9. in the Saint Peter, saith as followeth.
10. To the first and second Interrogatories and to the lettre therein mentioned now
11. showd unto him, hee saith and deposeth That ...... hee well knoweth
12. and owneth the said lettre, and perceiveth by a note (written with his owne
13. hand) on the back of the same, that hee this exáminate (to whom the
14. same was directed and sent) gave answer thereunto upon the second
15. day of May 1656, and .............. ˹saith˺ hee received the said lettre on the same
16. second day ˹of May 1656, and presently after receiving thereof writ his said answer˺ ....................... And saith that some few dayes after the
17. receipt of the said lettre hee this deponent did upon the exchange
18. publish and say that some shipps were taken in their voyages from
19. Smirna to Venice by the Tripoli man of Warr, ..... and ..............
20. that such his declaration .............. ˹was then made, and that hee showed the said lettre˺ ............................ to Captaine
21. Thomas Roberts and mr Philipp ffarewall, but to whom els or the
22. precise time hee doth not remember./
23. Repeated before Doctor Godolphin.
24. p mr Daniell Edwards SIGNATURE, RH SIDE
26. The 14th of October 1657.
27. Touching the Little
29. Paul Heyn of Christiansand in Norway Mariner
30. Master of the shipp called the Little Lyon now of London,
31. ˹aged 43 yeares or thereabouts˺ and Thomas hanson of the same Mariner, Stiersman
32. of the same vessell aged 24 yeares or thereabouts
33. sworne before the right Worshipfull John Godolphin
34. Doctor of Lawes, one of the Judges of the high court
35. of the Admiraltie saith and depose respectively
36. That the said shipp the Little Lyon is now an English shipp
37. and belonging to this port of London, and that Caleb veren
38. of the parish of Saint Saviours in Southwarke Merchant, ...........
39. Robert Walker of the same parish Marchant, PhaXXXXX ffXXXXXXX
40. Citizen and Grocer of London, and Anthony Rowles of London
41. Pewterer, all English men and subiects of this Commonwealth
42. are the true, lawfull and reall owners of the said shipp, tackle, ap[urtenances GUTTER]
43. and furniture, and bought the same about a fortnight of this XX
44. ............. since for a valewable summe of money of this deponent
45. Paul Heyn who had Sufficient authoritie and power to sell
46. her unto them.
47. Thomas hansson SIGNATURE, RH SIDE
48. The marke of Paul [MARKE] heyn MARKE, RH SIDE