HCA 13/72 f.10v Annotate
|← Previous Page |
|First cut transcription started and completed on 08/02/13 by Colin Greenstreet|
|Created 26/04/13, by CSG|
Expand this area to see details of page purpose, how to register, how to add footnotes, and useful links.
This page is for the annotation of HCA 13/72 f.10v.
Annotations can be viewed by everyone on a read-only basis.
For more information on MarineLives and the MarineLives Annotation Project read our Shipping News blog entries:
Registration to annotate documents
Registration is required to contribute annotations to this page and to other pages in the wiki.
You can register using the following Form, and we will issue you with a UserName and Password for the wiki.
The MarineLives transcription platform is built on MediaWiki, which uses wiki markup to format text. For a guide showing how to produce italics, bold, escaped text and headings, see the MediaWiki page on formatting; there are also guides for internal and external links, image embedding, tables, and more on lists.
- Go into edit mode
- Insert immediately after the sentence or phrase you wish to annotate the following macro:<ref>This is the footnote text</ref>
- Replace 'This is the footnote text' with the footnote you wish to add, using the format: first name, surname, title, (place of publication, date of publication), page or folio number
- Save the page
For more information and advanced formatting, including how to add and format links within the footnote, see the Wikipedia help on footnotes. This uses the same markup formatting.
Example footnote template:
- ''HCA 13/XX f.XXXX Case: XXXX; Deposition: XXXX; Date: XXXX. Transcribed by XXXX''<ref>[http://XXXXX Electronic link to a digital source]</ref>
Annotate HCA 13/64 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/65 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/68 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/69 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/70 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/71 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/72 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/73 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/74 Volume Page
Marine Lives Tools
1. The 29th ˹nine and twentieth˺ of May 1657. CENTRE HEADING
2. <margin value="Left">Touching the shipp}
3. the white dove: Samuell}
4. Winter Master}</margin>
5. <margin value="Left">Rp.</margin>
6. John Peterson of the citie of Bristoll Merchant aged
7. 43 yeares or thereabouts, sworne before the right Worshippfull
8. John Godolphin doctor of lawes one of the Judges
9. of the high Court of the Admiraltie, saith and deposeth
10. by vertue of his oath.
11. That hee this deponent is sole owner and proprietor of the good
12. shipp the White Dove of Bristoll (Samuel Winter Master) and of her
13. tackle apparell and furniture, and really bought ˹three quarter parts of˺ her of dierick
14. Hoste of Mortlake Merchant, and for the summe of three hundred and
15. fiftie ˹seaventie five˺ pounds sterling, which this deponent hath paid him, and was owner
16. of the other quarter part long before; and further that the bill of sale
17. nowe showed unto him, was and is the true and originall bill of ˹sale of˺ and
18. for the said three quarter parts, and that the contents thereof were
19. and are true and reall and soe had and donne as therein is contained.
20. And lastly that hee this deponent was and is a free citozen and
21. Inhabitant of Bristoll, and a subiect of this Commonwealth ˹of England˺ to
22. which port ˹of Bristoll˺ hee saith the said shipp is belonging.
23. John pieterson SIGNATURE, RH SIDE
25. The nine and twentieth of May 1657 CENTRE HEADING
26. <margin value="Left">Touching the shipp the}
27. Tyar Claus ffrancke Master}</margin>
28. <margin value="Left">Rp. 1</margin>
29. John Peterson of the citie of Bristoll Merchant aged
30. 43 yeares or thereabouts sworne before the right Worshipfull
31. John Godolphin doctor of lawes - one of the Judges of
32. the shipp Court of the Admiraltie, saith and deposeth
33. by vertue of his oath.
34. That hee this deponent is sole owner and proprietr of the
35. good shipp the White Dove ˹Tyger˺ of Bristoll (Claes ffrancke Master
36. one of her tackle, apparell and furniture, and that hee about tenn
37. monethes since bought the same of Michaell Copey of Amsterdam
38. Marchant for the summe of foure thousand abd two hundred gilders
39. hollands money, which hee this ex deponent hath really paid and
40. satisfied unto the said Copey. And that the bill of sale of nowe showed
41. unto him was and is the true and originall bill of sale of and for
42. the said vessell, tackle, apparell and furniture, and that the contents
43. thereof were and are true, and such and and donne as therein is
44. contained. And lastly that hee this deponent was and is a free cizizen
45. amd Inhabitant of Bristoll and a subiect of this Common Wealth
46. of England, to which port of Bristoll hee saith the said shipp was
47. and is Belonging./
48. John pietersen SIGNATURE, RH SIDE