HCA 13/72 f.164r Annotate
|← Previous Page |
|First cut transcription started and completed on 30/04/13 by Colin Greenstreet|
|Created 29/04/13, by CSG|
Expand this area to see details of page purpose, how to register, how to add footnotes, and useful links.
This page is for the annotation of HCA 13/72 f.164r.
Annotations can be viewed by everyone on a read-only basis.
For more information on MarineLives and the MarineLives Annotation Project read our Shipping News blog entries:
Registration to annotate documents
Registration is required to contribute annotations to this page and to other pages in the wiki.
You can register using the following Form, and we will issue you with a UserName and Password for the wiki.
The MarineLives transcription platform is built on MediaWiki, which uses wiki markup to format text. For a guide showing how to produce italics, bold, escaped text and headings, see the MediaWiki page on formatting; there are also guides for internal and external links, image embedding, tables, and more on lists.
- Go into edit mode
- Insert immediately after the sentence or phrase you wish to annotate the following macro:<ref>This is the footnote text</ref>
- Replace 'This is the footnote text' with the footnote you wish to add, using the format: first name, surname, title, (place of publication, date of publication), page or folio number
- Save the page
For more information and advanced formatting, including how to add and format links within the footnote, see the Wikipedia help on footnotes. This uses the same markup formatting.
Example footnote template:
- ''HCA 13/XX f.XXXX Case: XXXX; Deposition: XXXX; Date: XXXX. Transcribed by XXXX''<ref>[http://XXXXX Electronic link to a digital source]</ref>
Annotate HCA 13/64 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/65 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/68 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/69 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/70 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/71 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/72 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/73 Volume Page
Annotate HCA 13/74 Volume Page
Marine Lives Tools
was dated at the Barbadas the first of July last, and hee hath alsoe
received other lettres to the same effect, and that hee had
seene went the voyage in question in the said shipp, And otherwise referring
himselfe to the ordinary course of calculation, hee cannot depose.
To the Interrogatories. CENTRE HEADING]
To the first hee saith hee cometh required by the said Edmund Cowse to be
a witnes in this court wherein hee is noe wayes concerned, nor was hee
in the shipp or voyage in question, and hath often gonne to sea in theise
30 yeares space, but never had command of any shipp.
To the second hee answereth negatively for his part, and did not belonge to
the shipp ffortune.
To the third it concerneth him not.
To the 4th negatively for his part.
To the 5th and 6 they concerneth him not.
Repeated with his precontest before doctor Godolphin.
Jacob Gregory SIGNATURE, RH SIDE]
The 12th of November 1657.
Exámined upon the foresaid allegation.
Rp. 3 2
Leonard Bates of the parish of Saint Michael Cornehill
London Scrivener, aged 34 yeares or thereabouts sworne
To the second árticle of the said allegation and the schedule in parchment
thereunto annexed and now shewed unto him hee saith and deposeth that the
said schedule was and is the true and originall Charter partie for the
voyage therein mentioned, and that on or very shortly after the say of the
date thereof being the 5th of January 1656 this deponent was present
at his shopp in Cornehill London and did see the arlate James
Reade) (whom hee the well know) subscribe, seale, and
deliver the said charter partie as his act and deed, in all things as
is therein contained, which being soe donne this deponent
and his servants Thomas Wilmer and Thomas ffelton as witnesses set their
names on the back thereof as now appeareth. And
that upon or presently after the 14th of January last the said Reade
alsoe signed, sealed and delivered the other schedule in paper
annexed to the Charter partie, in the presence of this deponent
and his said two servants, And otherwise hee cannot depose, saving
the arlate James Cowse was present at such sealing, and
delivery, and ás hee thinketh, Edmund Cowse was alose then
and there present.
Repeated before doctor Godolphin:/:
Leonard Bates./ [SIGNATURE, RH SIDE]
C 5/80/82 Short title: Bates v Pennyman. Plaintiffs: Leonard Bates and another. Defendants: John Pennyman. Subject: personal estate of the deceased Leonard Bates, London. Document type: bill, answer. 1691
PROB 11/402/469 Will of Leonard Bates, Scrivener of London 23 December 1690
Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies: Miscellaneous collection of Title deeds including Ware Park and Albury Hall in Hertfordshire, with Marriage licences and Turnpike papers, 1407 - 1921: TITLE DEEDS AND MANORIAL RECORDS [no ref. or date: HARPENDEN [no ref. or date]: Lease for 1 year DE/Cm/37726 1st November 1677. Contents:
1. John Pilsberry of Mountmill, St Giles without Cripplegate, victualler, exor of Thomas Tickeridge of London, gent, decd.
2. Francis Holbech, citizen & apothecary of London & citizen & haberdasher of London & Miles Tompkins of Stepney, broadweaver
Falcon End farm.
Witnesses - Thomas Mell.
Leonard Bates, scrivener.
- Family Search Community Trees: Leonard Bates:
Birth: Date N/A
Buried: 11 Dec 1690 St. Michael, Cornhill, London, Middlesex, England
Married: Sara Hartley (born c. 23 Nov 1628, St. Michael, Cornhill, London, Middlesex, England; bur. 9 Mar 1685/86, St. Michael, Cornhill, London, Middlesex, England)
1. Leonard Bates, c. 15 Jun 1654, St. Michael, Cornhill, London, Middlesex, England Find all individuals with events at this location, d. Yes, date unknown 2. John Bates, b. 27 Nov 1656, St. Michael, Cornhill, London, Middlesex, England Find all individuals with events at this location, d. Yes, date unknown3. William Bates, b. 22 May 1668, Threadneedle Alley, Moorfields, Shoreditch, Middlesex, England Find all individuals with events at this location, d. Yes, date unknown
- . viewed 30/04/13