Tools: Week Six Autumn
Week Six goals
(1) Introduce different handwriting styles and different subject matter
(2) Try a page of medium difficulty and a page of high difficulty
Preparation for Sunday's Skype call
Please browse the MarineLives wiki to get a sense of the range of handwriting styles
Try looking at some pages from HCA 13/73
Try looking at some pages from HCA 13/63
Sunday Group Skype call
The week six group Skype call will be held at 15.30 UK time/10.30 Eastern Standard time on Sunday November 15th
Colin and Philip will co-facilitate the call, which Colin will initiate
Agenda for Skype call
(1) Feedback from each participant
- what is going well for you?
- What are you finding difficult?
- what tips can you give other participants?
(2) Different writing styles
We will work on a range of pages graded moderate and hard
The pages will be drawn from:
David Ben Mordecay of Moroccow in Barbary merchant aged 40 yeares
- Hamburg Jewish merchant had lost goods; ship (Prophet Elias) departed Hamburg; goods to be transported from Hamburg to Rochell
William Hayward of Ratcliffe shipwright aged 24 yeares
- dispute between Thompson and Peter Pett regarding the Ruth over ship repair work
Baptista ab Alexandro of Venice one of the Company of the shipp the Angell Custode aged 21 yeares
Samuel Raymond of Ipswich in the County of Suffolk Mariner master of the sayd shipp the James aged 37 yeares
- "imployed upon the sayd voyage into the Baltique sea for Eastland"
Abraham ffilter of Redderife in the County of Surrey Mariner Master of the shipp Peter and John of London aged 32 yeares
Andrew Marson of Tonborough in Norway Sailor aged 46 yeares
Thomas Rowe of horsey downe Waterman aged 61 yeares
Albert Oldson of Tonborough in Norway Sailor aged 20 yeares
Francis Kelmey of Horsey Downe sailer aged 21 yeares
John Bollet of Embden Coxen of the said shipp the Golden Lyon aged 30 yeares